Emergency Dentist In Sutton Coldfield
Your comfort is our priority
Everyone at some time has experienced dental pain and here at Dental Care Partnership we understand how distressing this can be. We know that many dental problems can occur without warning which is why we allow time slots every day exclusively for emergency appointments. If you are in pain and have a dental emergency we will do everything possible to make sure you are seen promptly and on the same day.
You are welcome to book an emergency appointment even if you are not a patient of the practice and we will be pleased to help you.
We are here to reassure our patients that we are only a phone call away.
What is classed as a dental emergency?
Any dental emergency, such as an injury to the teeth or gums can be potentially serious and should not be ignored. Ignoring a dental problem can increase the risk of permanent damage as well as the need for more extensive and expensive treatment later on. Dental emergencies are classed as:
- Chipped tooth or a lost filling or crown
- Toothache or swelling that suggests an infection of a tooth or gum
- Severe toothache or facial pain which is not controlled by taking over-the-counter painkillers
- Trauma of the face, mouth or teeth after a recent accident or injury
- Persistent bleeding after tooth extraction or any other oral surgery
- Serious swelling of mouth or face which is getting worse
How do you make an appointment in a dental emergency?
If it is during normal surgery hours just pick up the phone and call the Practice on 0121 354 1922. We also have an out of hours emergency services available to members of the Practice from 9am – 9pm 365 days a year. Please reserve this for true emergencies and not for routine matters that can be handled during normal office hours.
What happens if I have a problem during normal hours?
Contact the dental practice as early in the day as possible; Monday to Friday there are emergency appointments available to suit you. Our policy is to see you on the same day, we will carry out a clinical assessment of the emergency and treat and manage your problem accordingly.
What happens if my emergency falls out of practice hours or on the weekend?
Our out of hours services was launched in 2002 and has been hugely popular, providing care to our patients between 9am and 9pm, 365 days a year, ensuring they are never left in pain, and can be treated at the Practice in an environment they are used to and with a dentist they know and can trust.
If the emergency occurs outside surgery hours there are 2 courses of action, depending on the urgency of your problem:
1) Follow the instructions on the practice answer machine: You will be offered the emergency line number to contact one of our own dentists. You will be connected to a dentist who will give you advice regarding your complaint and can arrange an appointment with you to be seen that day at the Practice, if this is required.
2) Alternatively, if your dental emergency can wait, Leave a message on the answer machine and we will contact you to arrange an appointment as soon as the practice reopens
What is the cost of an emergency appointment?
During normal surgery hours, we endeavor to see our dental emergencies as soon as possible. We do not charge our members for the emergency appointment, and if further treatment is required it will have the usual 20% discount applied.
Patients who are not members, will be charged for treatment provided for a emergency appointment during normal surgery hours.
Unregistered patients may be seen subject to availability of appointments with a charge of £50, if further treatment is carried out it will be charged at the Fee Per Item rate.
Out of Hours service – There is no charge for members and £150 call out fee to non-members.
Any treatment provided within our out of hours will be EMERGENCY treatment only and you may be required to attend in normal hours for the provision of any definitive treatment.